Elliot Cooper is a supporting character played by Jason Wright. Elliot is Holly's boyfriend in the movie, and his inability to commit steadfastly to the relationship is a major plot point.
In Troll 2 Elliot mostly acts within the role of the typical boyfriend archetype. He is crass, irresponsible, and tries desperately to make love to the female protagonist, Holly Waits. Also of note is his apparent inability to function without his close friends, or "boys" present, even to the point where they must tag along with him on vacation, whilst he steadfastdly lies, assuring them that the Town of Nilbog is ripe with young, attractive girls. This apparent homoerotic undertone is prevalent throughout the series, and is not without comment from the many fans of the film.
Curiously, Elliot Cooper has long been a fan favorite, and many more instances of him have cropped up throughout the years, explaining his backstory. Most famous of these is the one-shot graphic novel Cooper penned in a collaborative effort between Sandman creator Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Stan Lee. In this graphic novel, much detail is lavished on Elliot's troubled personal life and past, from his mother's alcoholism and his poor grades, to his eventual bisexual tendencies at a young age. It is strongly hinted throughout all references to the characters backstory that he is a child of darkness, and if he had known his true power during the events of Troll 2 he would have easily been able to destroy the Stone Henge Magic Stone.
He is also given much more inner monologue in the novelization of Troll 2, written by Dr. Mister Cody Johnston. Within this book he is a deeply troubled soul, constantly reflecting on when he was a boy and watched his father behead a chicken. These scenes ultimately come to a head when he is forced to remove the head of one of the trolls in order to save Holly's life. He is also mentioned to be a big fan of Elvis.
References in Pipular CultureEdit
- On Metallica's Kill 'Em All, track 16 is titled Elliot Coopers Revenge
- The character of Jesus was renamed Elliot Cooper in the 2003 film The Passion Of The Christ to reflect the selflessness of the character.
- Shares a bed in an RV with 4 men.
- Has tiny little nuts, that are in danger of being cut off and eaten by Holly's dad.
- Has crazy Eyebrows.
- Is that playboy son of the Coopers!
- Doesn't understand that rule: When you have a girlfriend, you aren't allowed to have friends. Holly follows this rule. She spends her nights working out, while being admired by her mother (Her only friend),
- Is sure Nilbog has a bunch of single, unattached girls.
- Likes to try to sneak into little boy's windows.
- Forgets about his friends, and goes home.
- Believes that trolls are humans, willing to sit down and have a nice conversation.